Tuesday 8 March 2011

Forever 21 UK (Online Review)

If you have read my last few blog posts, you would know that I recently puchased a coat from the UK online store of Forever 21. In this blog post I am going to be talking about my experience of the site, and how simple the ordering process was and how quick the shipping was.


When you first open up the site, it is a nice clean and clear page, with a simple white background which makes it very easy to navigate, and quick to load. The UK site has 4 of the Forever 21 brands, which are clearly displayed at the top of the page, and then the links to that stores different departments are in a second menu under each store. In the middle of the front page is a special offer or handing different 'looks' and new arrivals, and this is displayed on each store's opening page.

The 'store' that I ordered my coat from was the 21MEN section of the site. These have clearly laid out sections, with key on-trend pieces for all the sections. As this store is meant to be the American verson of Primark, it does let itself down on the price points. But from my order, the quality of the products is very good and the sales that the site had was also good. I paid £15 for my coat, which was originally £50, a bit overpriced, when a coat in Primark can cost as little as £20.

Overall the site is very good for a userfriendly site and good quality on trend fashion, but a bit overpriced. I would also like to see more of the stores around the UK in the future, to develop a good brand, and a sort of New Look based reputation, with stores in all major towns. I know the brand is only young in the UK, and the first store in the UK opened in Birmingham late last year, and there are two stores opening soon in London (Oxford Street [Old HMV near Selfridges] and Stratford City) But as the brand in the UK to most people is relatively unknown, it will be interesting to see how the business does, especially when Primark reports a slow down in sales, and when they are expected to open their second Oxford Street store this year and also a new store at Stratford City.

Shh...

Like my posts? Why not follow?
* Did you like this review? Tell me how I can improve, and comment on any store or online stores or products you would like me to review. *

No comments:

Post a Comment